Iran Export Promotion Center was founded in 1967 and was renamed Trade Promotion Organization of Iran in 2004 after its merger with Foreign Trade Department of the Ministry of Commerce and the Goods Procurement Center (Bill No. 30765fT 31056 dated July 2004). In January 2004 the Council of Ministers assigned TPO as the main organization responsible for export of non-oil products and was set as the benchmark and reference for all organizations institutes and governmental departments acting in commerce, trade and services sectors
- - Promoting foreign trade, marketing, advertising, and extending global markets for the country's products and services
- - Providing facilities to promote trade agencies and support their capabilities in order to develop non-oil products export and to gain a positive trade balance
- - Offering trade information services and facilities in order to eliminate unnecessary official procedures
- - Designing and implementing legislations and regulations for trade activities and developing mutual and regional cooperation with other countries.
- - Providing facilities and supports for export development and enhancing quality of products and services.
The Trade Promotion Organization of Iran is an active, cooperation-oriented and scientific-based organization established to meet the country's capital strategy and is aimed at developing and supporting foreign trade and accessing new markets in an effective and efficient manner. This organization is commited to establishing constructive mutual conducts with trade partners and their beneficiaries and focusing on efficient human resources development and use of advanced technology. To support export plans and trade infrastructure, the organization has concentrated on effective planning and strategies and overall supervision.
- Promoting export and foreign trade
- Developing export culture and foreign trade
- Promoting a positive trade balance
- Planning and supervising over foreign trade promotion
- Promoting efficiency and productivity of organization human resources